Posts tagged gpoyw
Posts tagged gpoyw
GPOYW: “It’s Not You, It’s Me”
It’s time for us to take a little break, for a variety of reasons. I have become very fond of many of the people I follow on this site, and would consider some of them my friends. However, I have reached a point where I am concerned about the level of energy and emotion that I have started to invest in this, with so little return. I am pining over hopeless Internet crushes, when I could be out trying to meet interesting people that I can touch and speak to and drink with. I am putting my time into disorganized, self-involved word vomit, when I could be working at something I both love and can be proud of. Not to say that self-involved word vomit can’t succeed, but it must be done well, and I need to take some time to work on the “doing well”.
I do care about what happens in a lot of you people’s lives, so I will probably still sign on to catch up on the goings-on. I will also be keeping up Andy Radical, for those of you that follow it (if you don’t, you should). Wish me luck on my attempt at being productive?
GPOYW: “God, I’m So Excited For Summer” Edition
Today is Ash Wednesday and I still don’t know what I’m giving up for Lent. I’m not religious, but Lent is an exercise in self-control that I like to employ. Last year, I was drinking too much, decided to give up liquor, and became much better acquainted with wine and beer. I could do that again this year, but drinking has not yet lost its luster in 2011. Maybe I should require myself to shower every day for forty days? That would be a first, and a pain.
Anyway, look how short my hair is! And my dress! Oh my goodness, summer is only several weeks away. I’m going to go on so many bike rides, and to the zoo, and get so many mild sunburns. It will be fantastic!
My aunt brought me gummi bears from Germany! German gummi bears are just the best, and my friends have never had them, and I got two bags.
God. Best day.
GPOYW: “That’s Me On The Right” Edition
Dude, I was fucking precious.
Edited to add: Oh my god. That exact same grimace appears in almost ALL candid photos of me. Where did it come from and what can be done?
GPOYW: “Ways In Which I Am Kind Of the Worst: Part One” Edition
1) Instead of starting on the Wire or finishing Twin Peaks, I watch episodes of Arrested Development or Friends that I’ve already seen one million times.
2) I download. A lot.
3) When cooking, I use too much olive oil.
4) I like Radiohead, but I don’t lovethem.
5) It has been seven years since I was “a competitive dancer”, but I can still do my splits anytime. Mostly when drunk.
GPOYW: “Pumpkin Pipe!” Edition
I just want to be popular.
GPOYW “10 More
Facts Items That Add More Context To My Life As A 22-Year-Old Douchebag” Edition
1. The longest relationship I’ve had lasted six months, and I broke up with him from a pay phone in Germany. He cried.
2. When I was 18, I dated a pathological liar. I blame him for every romantic problem I’ve had since.
3. Until a month ago, I was physically incapable of burping. I have practiced and I think I can finally do it.
4. In my senior year of high school, I took and passed six AP exams.
5. In 2010, I have watched approximately 77 movies that I had never seen before. This count would be much higher if I could include my re-watches of I Love You, Man, Jennifer’s Body, and Thirteen.
6. I have visited Barcelona, Spain, once, during the American presidential election in 2000. I have considered it one of my top 5 favorite places since then.
7. I do not find George Clooney all that attractive.
8. In Germany, some other exchange students and I challenged each other to smoke 20 cigarettes within 8 hours. I made it to 14 and could not tolerate cigarettes for weeks.
9. My very worst quality is probably laziness.
10. My earliest cinema memory is of being absolutely terrified by Jurassic Park.
GPOYW: “Mona Lisa Smile” Edition
Happy Holidaze. Stay gangster.
Dudes, let’s ignore my messy hair and terrible photo quality for a moment, and just enjoy the fact that this dude Josh's sweater happens to be a near-exact inverse of mine.
(Also, am I wrong, or does my hand look big enough to crush my face?)
I watched Fargo for the first time a couple weeks ago, and this is the only screenshot I took (I am kind of impossible to watch movies with normally, because of all the screenshotting).
It speaks to me in a way I can’t explain.
Joel: Wednesday, do you think that maybe someday you might want to get married and have kids?
Joel: But what if you met the right man, who worshipped and adored you? Who’d do anything for you? Who’d be your devoted slave? Then what would you do?
Wednesday: I’d pity him.
GPOYWhenever-the-hell-I-want: “I Googled ‘How To Make Straight-Across Bangs Look Good’ This Morning, And Then I Cut Them” Edition
All in all, I don’t think it was a terrible decision. Do you? Let’s see a show of hands.